Want to be a Contributor?

WANT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR TO GOURMET DIY SHANGHAI?
Send an email to Heather at gourmetdiyshanghai@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to be a coauthor.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Instant Breadcrumbs

I can't tell you the number of times I've had the end of the baguette go stale before we finish it.
I bought a baguette last week and then my ayi ended up making dinner a whole bunch of nights in a row so there it sat on the counter until it became hard as a rock. The boys had been begging me to make them spaghetti and meatballs (I guess I've read them Olivia books a few too many times) so I figured that I would use the stale baguette to make breadcrumbs to go in the meatballs. Only problem is that I don't have a food processor and I didn't relish the idea of using a rolling pin to smash the baguette(such a mess, takes so long, and the pieces are large and uneven)
So I came up with the brilliant idea to use my cheese grater instead.
It worked great! The breadcrumbs were really fine- all the same size and perfect for using for meatballs.



1 comment:

  1. sometimes I put the stale bread in a ziplock bag and beat it up with a rolling pin:) your idea sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Suggestions? Alterations?