Want to be a Contributor?

WANT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR TO GOURMET DIY SHANGHAI?
Send an email to Heather at gourmetdiyshanghai@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to be a coauthor.

Monday, April 1, 2013

DIY Sour Cream

My friend Tifanie let me in on this little secret! All I can say is this is awesome!! We had baked potatoes the other night with this and my husband was in heaven.

Ingredients:
1 liter cream
3 tbsp white vinegar

Directions:
Add the vinegar to the cream and stir. Leave out at room temperature overnight.
The cream will thicken within a few hours. Pour off some of the excess whey. Store in the refrigerator for two weeks.
If you want it thicker you can strain it in a fine mesh strainer or with cheesecloth. Personally I thought it was just fine after pouring off the excess liquid.



































 I thought I had a picture of the end product, but it looks like I forgot to take one so I'll have to update this post when I take one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Suggestions? Alterations?